I reaLLi DuNnO's EnTry

Friday, March 27, 2009

In memory Of Go Li

As I am typing this blog post, I'm filled with anger because my goldfish Go Li has been eaten alive by a crow this morning which had the guts to fly into my kitchen, even when the windows grills were locked.

I have no idea how did the crow flew in or managed to squeeze itself through the window grills square. I came out from my bath n remember seeing my Go Li's tank empty, with spotches of water around n a giant crow at the window sill. That crow even glared at me n was unafraid as I approached the window sill. N then, that bastard crow flew away, cawing loudly.

Its a really gigantic crow. Not like the ones we usually see. I researched on the net to find out iwhat that bird is. I found that it is a large billed crow or a jungle crow, which likes to catch live animals n to my horror, I found this article;(see below)

My poor fish, I was about to feed it after my bath before I left for work. Sigh....


Print Article
>>
Back to the article
Mar 20, 2009
Large-billed crow has H5N1
HONG KONG - HONG Kong authorities said on Tuesday that a dead Large-billed Crow found in the territory had tested positive for the deadly H5N1 bird flu strain.
The Agriculture, Fisheries and Conservation Department said the latest case has taken to 12 the total number of birds found to have the virus, which can be fatal to humans, since January 29.
In a statement released on Tuesday night, the department said that the highly decomposed carcass of the Large-billed Crow was found on the predominantly rural Lantau Island on February 5.
It said the 'test result available today indicated that the dead bird was confirmed to be H5N1 positive.' The other 11 infected birds included chicken, ducks, and a Grey Heron, data on the department's website showed.
Around 250 people have died of the human form of avian flu since 2003, according to the World Health Organisation.
Most had close contact with sick birds, but scientists fear the virus could one day mutate into a form that would spread rapidly among humans, causing a pandemic.
In December, authorities found H5N1 in a chicken at a poultry farm in Hong Kong, prompting the slaughter of more than 90,000 chickens.
Hong Kong was the scene of the world's first reported major H5N1 outbreak among humans in 1997, when six people died. -- AFP

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home