I reaLLi DuNnO's EnTry

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Happy New year!

Its the 5th day of CNY n I hope everyone had a wonderful CNY celebration. Gong Xi! Gong Xi!

My 3-4 days of new year celebration was spectacular. As usual, there were lots of Hainanese meaty stuff for reunion dinners (my fav chicken soup), nice lo heis, ang pows collection n of course me polishing off pineapples tarts on hm visits. (Yummy!)
Fortunately, it was not as bad n boring as I thought initially.

The good thing abt being the youngest kid n CNY is to be able to loot all the yummy cookies n snacks in house visits. It is a respect not to reject any goodies serve by ur elders n ur hosts r pretty happy to u eat watever they serve. In short, its ok to loot/polish off ppl's house supply of goodies during CNY. On top of that, u get a wonderful red packet of cash as blessings. Woo hoo!

The result of my festive gorging is a bad cold n sore throat. I sound like Kermit the frog n managed to increase the sales of Kleenex tissues due to the endless sneezing n blowing of mustard-like nasal fluid. (Hey, I'm feeling happy cos I had a wonderful time eating this year.)

Got to go folks! Enjoy the remaining 10 days of CNY!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home