I reaLLi DuNnO's EnTry

Thursday, June 23, 2005

I reaLLi DuNno...

With my approaching adulthood, I really dunno want to do or want I want in Life.

From my childhood, my dream was to become a farmer, like Farmer Brown, who rears cows n sheeps in some fairy tale story. I dreamt abt sleeping in the ranch with a snowy horse n munching apples fr a near by apple tree. I ran to my mum n told her my farmer ambition. She was aghasted.

Next, I was curious abt how mum's cooking n I will take my milk bottle n watch her cook. My next ambition was to be a hawker. The next thing was, my mum barred me from entering the kitchen.

After having no one to tag after, I followed my dad around n watched him repair the fans, tv, fix the lights n reading all kinds of manual. I was amazed by how he solder wires n make things work. This started my interest for sciences. I love to do things with my hands n I would secretly steal the screw driver n open all the plugs in the house n wonder what the red, green n black wires are. I wanted to be an engineer when I grew up.

As for my only bro, who's 2 years older, his childhood n current dream is to become a businessman. My mum was so proud n she worries abt her farmer/ hawker daughter.

Throughout my pri n sec years, I love Science n I only did well for any Sciences related subjects. Chemistry is my forte n my ambition was to become a chemist or if i did not do well for my O levels, I will go into the engineering field.

Unfortunately, things did not work out the way I plan.

I chose Business IT n I got in. That was a new start of my life.

For 3 years, I struggled with business environment. Firstly, I nv enjoy Business in the past n present n what irritates me the most is that business ppl see things fr a very different point of view fr Science ppl. They will jump into conclusions with out much observations n they dun analyse based on the facts given. Its all about having the business air around u n ur beautiful tongue.

In my IT modules, I find a bit of relieve but programming n Database r nv the things I like to do, though I have a bit of promising analysing skills in database.

Now 3 years have past n I feel that I'm back to square one.

I want to go for a Bioengineering degree. At least fullfill my dream of working in a sciences field. But age is catching up wif mi... sigh... Maybe I can sneak up his eng books to read.

As for my bro, things r not the way he plan as well... he's doing a Mechanical Eng degree n he dreams to be a businessman....n breathe the business air.

Y not this... we exchange certs... Let us all be satisfied.

As if it is so easy... I wonder if this is one of the career challenges I muz face in Life...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home