I reaLLi DuNnO's EnTry

Thursday, December 22, 2005

Winter Solstice Festival

Today is Dong Zhi festival or Winter Solstice festival, which marks the end of the year in the chinese calendar n I shall be 22 years old according the the chinese calendar....(Gosh... I'm still 20!!). Dong Zhi falls in the middle of winter... where its bitter cold n dark in seasonal countries n families gather to celebrate the past year then sip a steaming bowl of Glutinous rice ball soup which symbolises reunion. Its like a chinese thanksgiving day!

I can't wait to get hm to make my very own glutinous rice balls!!!
I juz love making glutinous rice balls since I was a kid. I love the fun of pinching the dough, mixing colouring into the dough, rolling out little balls, then dumping them into the boiling water n watch the multi-coloured rice balls gently floating to the water surface (which means they r cooked). Then relishing the chewy texture of the rice ball n devouring in the sweetness of the sugary soup its is served in.

I can't wait for my bowl of glutinous rice soup!!! I shall post some pictures of the tang yuan tmr!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home